NPQIC seeks to improve the delivery of and access to evidence-based and equitable health care for all Nebraska mothers and newborns.
- Engage all stakeholders statewide.
- Identify opportunities to optimize measurable perinatal outcomes and implement initiatives for a sustained improvement.
- Work together to reduce maternal and infant disparities and improve the quality and equity of health care delivery across Nebraska.
- Reduce the impact of premature birth statewide.
- Be good stewards of the financial resources committed to the work of the organization and will allocate our resources across the entire state of Nebraska to achieve the best possible outcomes.
The Nebraska Perinatal Quality Improvement Collaborative (NPQIC) was formed by a group of statewide stakeholders in February 2015 with the intent of improving the quality of care in Nebraska for mothers and babies.
In September of 2022, NPQIC became one of 27 perinatal quality collaboratives to be funded by the CDC.