Breastfeeding mPINC Project Web-Conference, August 23rd.
NICU Breastfeeding Project Web-Conference, August 31st
Annual Summit of Perinatal Stakeholders, September 9th. More info and to register
Hyperbilirubinemia Improvement Project Web-Conference, September 21st
Breastfeeding in Nebraska: Results Reveal Opportunities
Data submitted by Nebraska birthing hospitals reveal opportunities for improvement in delivery of evidence-based care to breastfeeding mothers and babies. Practices that will help improve performance on Exclusive Breastfeeding (Perinatal Core Measure 5) were included.
Of the reporting Nebraska hospitals:
- 28% do not meet target for skin-to-skin contact immediately after birth
- 20% do not meet target for putting babies to breast within one hour of birth
- 58% do not meet target for skin-to-skin contact during routine newborn procedures
- 59% do not meet target for keeping moms and babies together
- 76% do not meet target for supplementation with non-breastmilk
- 28% still give mothers formula company discharge packs
- 24% still routinely separate mothers and babies for transition after vaginal birth
Register your hospital for this important improvement project. NPQIC will assist you with your work and web conferences will be held for participating hospitals to share and learn from each other.
View the one hour webinar explaining Nebraska results and recommended practices and Download slides